Welcome message

Welcome, friends old and new, to my blog. This is the place where I can share my scribblings and thoughts on loving life. I hope you enjoy them, make suggestions and come back to read more.

Thursday 9 May 2013

Bank Holiday Book Nerd Quiz- the answers.

So, how did you do? And how many did you cheat on? (I know you too well...) Check your answers here.


1. 1984- George Orwell
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

2. Breakfast at Tiffany's- Truman Capote
I am always drawn back to places I have lived, the houses and their neighbourhoods.

3. Pride and Predjudice- Jane Austen
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife.

4. IT- Stephen King
The terror, which would not end for another twenty-eight years- if it ever did- began, so far as I know or can tell, with a boat made from a sheet of newspaper floating down a gutter swollen with rain.

5. The Great Gatsby- F. Scott Fitzgerald
In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since.

6. Three Men In A Boat- Jerome K. Jerome
There were four of us- George, and William Samuel Harris, and myself, and Montmorency.

7. Rebecca- Daphne Du Maurier
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderlay again.

8. The Haunting of Hill House- Shirley Jackson
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream.

9. Fahrenheit 451- Ray Bradbury
It was a pleasure to burn.

10. Night Watch- Terry Pratchett
Sam Vimes sighed when he heard the scream, but he finished shaving before he did anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the part where you get to join in! What did you think of today's post? Leave me a message and let me know what you think. I love reading your comments!